Candida is a fungus that is usually found in your gut. Although Candida often does not cause disease, it is always looking for just the right conditions to grow and become a burden on your health. Usually, the natural balance of healthy bacteria in our body keeps Candida under control. But if the healthy bacteria levels are interrupted or the immune system is compromised, Candida begins to overproduce and causes a fungal infection known as candidiasis.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Candida overgrowth:
- Vaginal itch, discomfort, or irritation
- Vaginal discharge
- Redness and/or selling of the vagina or vulva
- Stinging or burning when passing urine
- Digestive issues (bloating, gas)
- Chronic sinus infections
- Skin rash and nail fungal infections
- Muscle weakness and joint pain
- Food cravings, especially for sweets
Risk factors that can lead to candidiasis:
- Taking broad-spectrum antibiotics
- Oral contraceptive, corticosteroid use
- A diet high in sugar and refined carbohydrates
- A weakened immune system
- High alcohol intake
- High-stress levels
- Uncontrolled glucose levels or Diabetes mellitus
- Weakened immune system and/or drugs that suppress immunity, e.g. corticosteroids
- Hormones, including oral contraceptives or oestrogen hormone therapy
What is Recurrent Thrush?
Recurrent thrush is considered as four or more episodes of thrush within the period of one year. Vaginal thrush is caused by Candida. Therefore, when your thrush comes back, again and again, a long-term solution is necessary in addition to standard treatment.
How to Treat Candida:
With today’s modern lifestyle, we are bombarded by stress and often succumb to poor diets high in refined carbohydrates and sugar, which Candida thrive on. Eating too many of these foods may promote infection, especially if you have a suppressed immune system. Consuming whole foods which are minimally processed will help restore the good bacteria in your order, and this will eventually crowd out harmful Candida.
In addition, Kolorex® Advanced Candida Care supports your body from the inside to fight against Candida. Additionally, Kolorex® topical products can be applied topically to assist with any external outbreaks. Offering a complete range of products, Kolorex® helps you get back to your best in no time.