Kolorex® Digestive Care
What is Candida?
Candida albicans is a fungus that is normally found in your gut. Although Candida usually does not cause disease, it is always looking for just the right conditions to grow and become a burden to your health.
How does fungal overgrowth in the gut happen?
In normal circumstances, the lining of your gut is covered with thousands of healthy bacteria that work to keep the Candida fungus in check. When their balance is disturbed, Candida can take over, resulting in disturbances to your gut health and functioning.
Triggers which can result in fungal overgrowth:
With today’s modern lifestyle we are bombarded by stress and often succumb to poor diets, high in refined carbohydrates and sugar, which Candida thrive on. This can lead to imbalances in healthy bacteria, which provides the perfect opportunity for Candida to take over. Other triggers may include:
- antibiotics, as the healthy bacteria in the gut are killed
- uncontrolled glucose levels or Diabetes mellitus
- weakened immune system and drugs that suppress immunity, e.g. corticosteroids
- Hormones, e.g. use of oral contraceptives or oestrogen hormone therapy Overgrowth of Candida (yeast) can also cause fungal infections of the skin, genitals, throat and mouth.
Candida fungal overgrowth can present as a
multitude of digestive problems in Men and Women.
Physical symptoms of Candida fungal overgrowth in
the gut: 1,5
- Abdominal discomfort
- Trapped wind
- White coating on the tongue
- Skin rashes
- Chronic sinus or allergies
Possible emotional symptoms of Candida fungal
overgrowth in the gut in men and women include: 7,8
- Brain Fog
- Hormonal imbalance
- Loss of sex drive
How can Kolorex® Digestive Care help you?
Kolorex® Digestive Care is an antifungal complementary medicine containing active Horopito which assists in the treatment of digestive fungal infections. Kolorex® Digestive Care clears Candida albicans from the inside and starts to work from Day 1. 1-3
Your long-lasting solution to persistent bloating and abdominal discomfort caused by fungal overgrowth in the gut. Starts to work from Day One.
Where to find Kolorex® Advanced Care:
• Clicks pharmacies: At the dispensary or over the counter section
• Dis-Chem pharmacies: In the front shop where the gastro preparations and probiotics are kept – vitamin section
• Independent pharmacies: Ask your pharmacist or shop assistant