Kolorex® Advanced Care
What is Recurrent Thrush?
Recurrent thrush is considered as 4 or more episodes of thrush within the period of one year. 6. Vaginal thrush is caused by Candida albicans, which is a yeast type fungus. Therefore, when your thrush comes back again and again, a long-term solution is necessary in addition to standard treatment.
What is Candida?
Candida albicans is a fungus that is normally found in your gut. Although Candida usually does not cause disease, it is always looking for just the right conditions to grow and become a burden on your health.
Thrush can start in the gut. How?
Normally the lining of your gut is covered with thousands of healthy bacteria that work to keep the Candida fungus in check. When their balance is disturbed, Candida albicans can take over causing fungal overgrowth and thus result in symptoms including vaginal thrush.
Triggers which can result in fungal overgrowth:
With today’s modern lifestyle we are bombarded by stress and often succumb to poor diets, high in refined carbohydrates and sugar, which Candida thrive on. This can lead to imbalances in healthy bacteria, which provides the perfect opportunity for Candida to take over. Other triggers may include:
- Antibiotic usage, as the healthy bacteria in the gut are killed
- Uncontrolled glucose levels or Diabetes mellitus
- Weakened immune system and/or drugs that suppress immunity, e.g. corticosteroids
- Hormones, including oral contraceptives or oestrogen hormone therapy
Overgrowth of Candida can also cause fungal infections of the skin, genitals, throat and mouth.
Physical symptoms of thrush caused by candida fungal
overgrowth in women include: 4
- Vaginal itch, discomfort or irritation
- Vaginal discharge
- Redness and/or swelling of the vagina or vulva
- Stinging or burning when passing urine
Possible emotional symptoms of Candida fungal
overgrowth in women include: 7,8
- Brain fog
- Hormonal imbalance
- Loss of sex drive
How can Kolorex® Advanced Care help you?
Kolorex® Advanced Care is an antifungal complementary medicine containing active Horopito which assists in the treatment of vaginal fungal infections. Kolorex® Advanced Care clears Candida albicans from the inside by killing off the Candida cell in your gut. Kolorex® Advanced Care is clinically proven to keep thrush away for at least 6 months. 5
Vaginal creams clear the symptoms of Candida on the outside and provide immediate soothing relief. 5
Did you know that 70% of women with recurrent thrush, treated with a conventional antifungal cream treatment, can expect to have another episode of thrush?
Where to find Kolorex® Advanced Care:
• Clicks pharmacies: At the dispensary or over the counter section
• Dis-Chem pharmacies: In the front shop where the gastro preparations and probiotics are kept – vitamin section
• Independent pharmacies: Ask your pharmacist or shop assistant
Kolorex ® Advanced Care